30 Jun 2013

White Choc Lime Cookies


I'm here writing to you and eating one of these cookies at the same time (multitasking), before I go and watch The Great Gatsby with the other half. I know I can easily say that I like cookies. And I know you’ve probably heard me say that before, but can I just tell you about these ones, please? Before I tell you about anything else – as nothing else is more important right now – these cookies are were so delicious! I don’t even want to say 'delicious' as that word is so over-used here. I need a new word for delicious to describe these cookies. When I first embarked on baking these, I did think: “these cookies are going to taste funny, as they have lime in them”. And cookies are meant to have sweet ingredients in them, right. We all know this. But was I wrong. I don’t know how, but together, the lime and white chocolate really work.
And the best thing about cookies in general – they're finished baking in 10 minutes! Normally with cookies I personally have a tendency to over-bake them, and then they end up like crunchy biscuits, but I did exactly as it said ‘on the tin’ this time and they came out perfect.

P.S: the secret to a good tasting white choc chip cookie, I believe, is to use a good quality chocolate chip! I have used Dr. Oetkers chocolate chunks.

White Chocolate Lime Cookies 
Taken from here, makes about 12 cookies
 
110 g / ½ cup unsalted butter, softened

85 g / cup caster sugar
85 g / light brown sugar

1 egg
½ tsp vanilla

½ tbsp lime zest
½ tsp lime juice


150 g / 1 ¼ cups plain flour

½ tsp baking soda

a pinch baking powder

a pinch tsp salt

100 g / 4 oz white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 180
°C / 350°F degrees and line two baking trays with grease-proof paper. In a large mixing bowl mix the sugar and butter until combined but not fluffy.
Add egg, then add vanilla, lime zest and lime juice (zest the skin of the lime before cutting it to juice). Mix to combine. 

Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix into creamed mixture until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips.

Shape the dough into 1
balls, and place 2 inches apart on the baking trays. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centres are just set.

Cool for three minutes before moving to a wire rack.

 Lime White Choc cookies

1 comment :

  1. Love this! Just needed a simple recipe for my lesson on Learncliki and this is going to be perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

B' loves comments!

When I find a new favorite thing, I keep going back to it. New favourite shoes will get worn everyday; favourite nail polish, will g...

Back to Top