30 Jul 2014

Brownies II (the one that was perfect)

best Brownies recipe from www.bakeandthecity.blogspot.co.uk

I just had to get these the way I wanted. So I found another recipe. I am pleased! This is the one. It tastes as if it could be shop bought and its got a slight crust surface on top and dense middle! For me, this is the perfect brownie! Some may prefer my previous one which was more 'cakey', but hey – some like Pepsi, some like Coke!
The Brownies
150 g butter, softened
275 g caster sugar
3 large eggs

1½ tsp vanilla essence

30 g plain chocolate (minimum 65% cocoa solids), chopped (optional)
30 g raw cashew nuts, chopped 
90 g plain flour
50 g cocoa (I use Green & Blacks Organic Cocoa)
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

Preheat oven to 180ºC/ 350ºF. Line a 9x9-inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
In a large bowl mix together your butter and sugar.

Add your eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla essence. Sprinkle in the chocolate, if using and fold your cashew nuts into the mixture. (I tend to break my cashews down by putting them in a food bag and bashing with a rolling-pin. That's the fun part).

Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and mix until combined. The mixture should be quite viscous and shiny looking.
shiny brownie batter

Spoon it into the tin and spread evenly with the back of a metal spoon. Try to alleviate any bubbles on the surface before putting into your oven and baking for 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.

Allow to cool in the tin for ten minutes before removing.

Which Brownie type do YOU prefer?

No comments :

Post a Comment

B' loves comments!

When I find a new favorite thing, I keep going back to it. New favourite shoes will get worn everyday; favourite nail polish, will g...

Back to Top