16 Feb 2016

Peanut Butter Bear Cookies (gluten free)

peanut_butter_cookie_toddler

Put simply, one of the reasons that I haven't been able to post as frequently as I used to is down to me having a toddler and I have far less free time than I used to. However, nowadays, when I do bake, I'd like to be able to bake something for her too and these cookies are perfect right now. Not only are they easy to whip up, as the peanut butter does most of the work, but they do not contain the sugar like the ones she has started to notice and reach out for. In our house, my other half and I avoid eating normal biscuits and cookies in front of her as naturally, she wants to eat what we're eating!

There's no shame in these though, and I easily whip up a batch of these peanut butter cookies at the start of the weekend (only 7 minutes oven time needed) and share out to her as a treat.




Peanut Butter Bear Cookies (gluten free)
Makes 10 bear cookies

3 Tbsp peanut butter (smooth)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g rice flour
¼ tsp baking powder

Preheat oven at 180˚C and line tray with baking paper.

In a mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients first and mix well. Add the flour and carefully measure out and add the baking powder. Mix well.

It's normal for the mixture to separate a little, after all ingredients are combined, use your hands to bring mixture together and form a ball shape.

On a floured surface roll out dough to about 5mm thick and cut out as many cookies with cutter. Repeat until all the dough has been used. Transfer bears to your prepared oven tray and poke eyes and nose with a bamboo skewer

Bake in the oven for approximately 7 minutes. Leave to cool.


Baking notes:
Do keep an eye on these whilst in the oven as they brown quite quickly. 
The cookies may be quite soft out of the oven, but they harden up as they cool.  :-)


peanut_butter_cookie_toddler gluten-free


No comments :

Post a Comment

B' loves comments!

When I find a new favorite thing, I keep going back to it. New favourite shoes will get worn everyday; favourite nail polish, will g...

Back to Top